It’s always important to keep your house sanitized, especially if you find yourself home with your kids for an extended period of time. Keeping your house clean doesn’t have to feel like a chore! With these top cleaning tips, you’ll be able to ease your anxieties.
Cleaning Tips for Surfaces and Horizontals
It’s important to make sure that all surfaces in your home are properly sanitized. To accurately do this, make sure you:
- Wipe down any horizontals with an anti-bacterial product and a clean microfiber cloth.
- Clean all doors with a diluted Clorox based product.
- Wipe down all window frames and light switches with a Clorox wipe or a vinegar-based product.
- Always keep clean air vents in the house by changing all air filters.
- Keep chairs clean with your preferred antibacterial product, depending on the material the chair is made of.
- Spray down the soft textured materials in your living room, such as sofas, with either Lysol or your preferred essential oil.
- Sanitize all items you touch daily, such as remote controls and phones, with a Clorox wipe or a clean, wet microfiber cloth.
- Keep all aspects of your laptops or computers clean, including the screen and keyboard, by using a clean, lightly damp microfiber cloth. Check out apples recommendations on how to keep your iphone clean https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207123
Kitchen Cleaning Tips
You mustn’t forget your kitchen! As your family is always going in and out of your kitchen all day, it should always be sanitized. To make sure you keep the whole kitchen clean, you should:
- Sanitize all door handles in the vicinity such as; your oven, fridge, and dishwasher. Use a clean microfiber cloth with Clorox or antibacterial multi-purpose product.
- Wipe down all kitchen countertops and surfaces with a clean microfiber or terry cloth and your preferred antibacterial product.
- Wipe down all areas immediately after cooking, and make sure all dishes are quickly cleaned to avoid attracting bacteria.
- Avoid walking into the kitchen or your home with dirty shoes by taking them off immediately after entering the house.
- Keep stock of all of your cleaning products and keep them all handy.
Bathroom Cleaning Advice
The bathrooms in your house are yet another area that needs attention, always. To keep all your bathrooms sanitized, make sure you:
- Clean your tubs and showers by removing all personal products prior to cleaning, wearing gloves, and using a clean soft or semi-hard sponge to scrub the whole area down with an antibacterial solution.
- Make your own antibacterial solution by using anything green, like vinegar, or a strong solution like bleach, diluted with water and a little liquid soap. Use hot water to remove the solution after scrubbing everything.
- Spray down sinks with your preferred cleaning product, and then let it sit for about four to six minutes before using a clean sponge to scrub and wipe the sink down. Don’t forget to clean behind the faucets.
- Clean and scrub down every aspect of your toilets using gloves, including the outside, base, handle, and toilet bowl.
- You can make your own toilet bowl cleaner by mixing a little bleach and liquid soap, or your preferred antibacterial product and scented liquid soap.
- Always make sure to remove all garbage and any unnecessary products.
- Wash all throw rugs.
Cleaning Tips for Your Personal Items
Finally, you shouldn’t forget to sanitize some of the items you use on a daily basis.
- Sanitize items you touch and use daily, such as car keys, electronics, items in your purse or backpack, or sunglasses by using cleaning items like Clorox wipes.
- Make sure to sanitize things you touch in your car, such as your steering wheel, buttons, and door handles.
- Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer and a pack of cleaning wipes with you at all times in a bag or backpack.
If you do happen to get sick here are CDC’s recommendation on what to do https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
We know that cleaning isn’t a luxury — it’s a necessity. We can help you save time and ease your anxieties in this uncertain times! Call us now to learn more or book an appointment.